What you'll need:
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1/4 lb. baby portobello mushrooms, diced
- 1 lb. fresh broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 c quinoa
- 4 c water
- 2 t salt
- 1 t freshly ground coriander
- 1/8 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T butter (or olive oil, if you're not human and don't like butter)
How to make it:
- Rinse quinoa in cold water
- Boil water then add quinoa, half of the butter, salt, pepper, and coriander; cover and simmer over low heat, approximately 20 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit until ready to serve.
- Melt the other half of the butter over medium heat
- Add onions and mushrooms to melted butter, cook approximately eight minutes (occasionally move onions and mushrooms around in the pan to keep from burning)
- Remove onions and mushrooms from pan and set aside
- Without cleaning the pan, season chicken breasts with remaining salt, pepper, and coriander and add them to the pan, cook approximately eight minutes over medium-high heat on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season broccoli with salt and pepper to taste, and steam in a steamer basket approximately eight minutes
- Layer quinoa, broccoli, chicken, and top with sautéed onions and mushrooms
- Serve hot!
|Quinoa with Chicken & Steamed Broccoli|