What you'll need:
- 1 pound fresh Brussels Sprouts, quartered (trim the ends first)
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from one large lemon
- 1/2 t. Sriracha (any pepper sauce you like will do)
- 1 t. salt (better make it a rounded teaspoon)
- 1/2 t. ground black pepper
- In a bowl with a lid, combine all of the ingredients, except the sprouts. Whisk them until they become a homogeneous mixture.
- Throw in the sprouts, put on the lid and shake it like a Polaroid picture. (The container, I mean. Or whatever you feel like shaking.)
- Serve 'em up! Couldn't be easier! (The longer they sit in the dressing, the better they taste!)
|Raw Brussels Sprouts|
Pan-seared Brussels Sprouts
Now, if you still can't get past the fact that they're raw, cook them! I actually ate them both ways with the same dressing. After I cooked a chicken breast for dinner, I left the drippings in the pan and tossed in the remaining Brussels Sprouts. They were delicious! I ate the leftovers for lunch today, and I think they were even better the second day! Just try them. You'll like them.